Wellness tea is an old folk remedy that can be used to remedy a number of ailments. It is simple to make, and uses ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen right now. If you don’t, the ingredients are something you should keep on hand anyways, so now is a good time to stock up.
What You’ll Need
- Boiler or Tea Kettle
- Coffee Mug
- Tea – Any Variety, But Black Tea or Chamomile Works Best
- Organic, Raw Honey
- Organic, Unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar
How To Make It
- Begin by boiling enough water for at least one cup of tea on the stove. If you want, you can always make a large batch and store for later use.
- Place one tea bag into the coffee mug, and add water. It should be just short of full, with enough room for the other ingredients.
- Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and two tablespoons of honey. Stir until the honey has melted.
- Allow the tea to steep for five to ten minutes. You want it warm, but certainly not cold. Wellness tea works best when it is warm.
- If you’d like, make a large batch in a mason jar and store in the fridge for future use. When you need to use it, simply pull it out, add some in a cup, and heat in the microwave.
What To Use it For
Wellness tea is home remedy that works for numerous problems. The reason behind this is the key combination of ingredients, and the benefits they bring. The tea will make you calm, aid in sleep, and acts as a diuretic. The apple cider vinegar gets rid of infections, neutralizes stomach acids, makes bowel movements easier, and boosts your immune system naturally. Honey is also beneficial to your immune system, and will ease sore throats, and help fight infections.
The most common use for wellness tea is in treating the flu or common cold. It can also be used to aid weight loss when drank once a day. You can use it to assist in getting rid of yeast infections, UTIs, upper respiratory infections, easing allergy symptoms, curing stomach ailments (not when vomiting, however), and easing constipation.
>>> PRECAUTIONS <<<
Although wellness tea is safe for the average person, there are always precautions to take. If you are allergic to any of the ingredients, you should not use wellness tea. If you are pregnant, breast feeding, or plan to become pregnant, you should speak to your doctor before use. If you have any preexisting health conditions, speak to your doctor if wellness tea is right for you.